Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Teaching Method (by Lynn)

Go down

The Best Teaching Method (by Lynn) Empty The Best Teaching Method (by Lynn)

Post  Lynn Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:22 pm

I don’t think there is any perfect method in teaching languages. Methods are applied differently by learners’ ages and their cultural background. But I think CLT (Communicative Language Teaching) has more influence than others in teaching students. Especially today, many people think that improvement of speaking level is more important than the other learning parts like grammar, reading or writing. In this sense, CLT is the appropriate way for teaching languages to the students.

When I teach young children, I try to talk a lot with all of my students. I use easier words or some kinds of activities to make students understand the lesson perfectly. And I don’t correct their errors first when they make some mistakes and just hear them out because I think that it is better to acquaint the expression after they understand it first. When I do like this, I can see that my students naturally use the expressions they learned after a while.
But I don’t always teach in this way. When I teach the older students who already have the enough ability of English, I let them to listen and repeat to speak the perfect sentences besides using the activities. This means I also accept the Behavioristic method.

In conclusion, I think the best way of teaching is to combine all the good points of many different methods. If we do that, we will be able to provide the best learning environment and results.
Lynn
Lynn

Back to top Go down