Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung

+5
Lee Soonkyung(Polly)
Yoon Geumsuk
Judy Park
Chung YuMi
kim yeon jung
9 posters

Go down

Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung Empty Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung

Post  kim yeon jung Tue May 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Who: Elementary school students
Topic: Asking and giving direction
Objective:Students can ask for and give directions using some activities and speak in real life situations
Class Model : Whole language approach
Materials: PPT 3, CD-ROM, Word block, timer, Worksheet, textbook, pencil

1. Introduction
1) Greeting : Good morning everyone? How are you today? What day is it today?
2) Review
(1) Let's chant we learned in the previous lesson
(2) Let's play an 'scramble word' using the words we learned last time
(3) Please give me a direction. Where is the supermarket?

2. Development
1) Today's objective( involve Listening, speaking, reading, writing)
Activity 1 - Bomb game(group work)
Activity 2 - Information gap (pair work)
Activity 3 - Let's review

2) Activity 1 - Bomb game ( each group choose one letter out of 25 letters, say the answer of the question as a group, if they answer correctly, they get a point )

3) Activity 2 - Informaion gap ( This is pair work, so you are going to work with your partner. you will each get a sheet, but if you look clousely at the sheet, you will see some of the information is missing. your job is to find out your partner's information to complete the sheet without seeing your partner's sheet. )

4) Activity 3 - Let's review (formative test)
(1) Listen to the dialogue and connet the building to the correct location)
(2) Write the missing letter in the alphabet lines
(3) Make your own dialogue with your partner

3. Consolidation
1) Let's review today's lesson - Let's read the key sentences in this lesson with a big voice
2) Closing - guide next lesson and homework, say good bye.
kim yeon jung
kim yeon jung

Back to top Go down

Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung Empty Re: Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung

Post  Chung YuMi Wed May 19, 2010 9:41 am

Maybe you know a lot of activities, you've taught elementry school students for many years.
I also need to learn many activities like you Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung Star3. Your activities on this lesson plan are very diverse.

Last edited by Chung YuMi on Wed May 26, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chung YuMi

Back to top Go down

Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung Empty Re: Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung

Post  Judy Park Wed May 26, 2010 11:16 am

Reviewing previous lesson is really necessary before we start new activities.
We sometimes skip what we have learned before because of short lesson time but we have a responsibility to make children remind, and keep remembering our previous lesson.
When each information gets together, it will become big knowledge.
I also like the part of many activities that will be used in a class.
If we are going to use only one activitiy for a lesson, it would be really boring.
Judy Park
Judy Park

Back to top Go down

Post  kim yeon jung Thu May 27, 2010 3:11 pm

When I start the lesson without reviewing, it's not easy to enter today's lesson actually.
Students have english class two times in a week so it's easy for them to forget what they learn last lesson. I think reviewing is necessary and important as you mentioned.
kim yeon jung
kim yeon jung

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoon Geumsuk Sun May 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Although this topic is quite hard to teach students, your lesson plan is well organized, I believe. Especially, that activity like information gap would very useful to practice the expression of asking and giving directions. Besides, Bomb game would be effect to pay students attention to the class.
Yoon Geumsuk
Yoon Geumsuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Soonkyung(Polly) Mon May 31, 2010 9:19 pm

I like 'scramble word' game.
I wrote one scramble word on the board then my students figured it out.
If they could unscramble the word ,they could get a point.
After lessons my students and I usually used this game for a short time.

Lee Soonkyung(Polly)

Back to top Go down

Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung Empty Re:Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung

Post  Park Eun hwa Mon May 31, 2010 11:57 pm

I think, I can see you have many years experience the teacher through this lesson. I love you
I'm also interested in elementary kids.
I'm sometimes confused about the directions also it is quite picky to teach, but as you
said, use the game such as Information gap,
it would be a lot of fun in English. cat

Park Eun hwa

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunkyung Yu Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 am

The plan looks fantastic and well organised! - but is it possible to finish the lesson in only one time? It would be much better if you can split the lesson into two or three sessions because the planned activities will need enough time for students to fully enjoy and learn the keys points and also there can be more activites of role play or task-based activites to develop the main activities I think.
Eunkyung Yu
Eunkyung Yu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 am

Lots of fun game! You planned activities from group work to pair work. I think this is very important part when we plan lessons. When I was just beginning to teach, I didn't know this point, so I tried to practice them each by each just after I explained my objectives. Can you guess what happened? That's was terrible. That memories still makes me embaressed. If I had seen your lesson, It wouldn't have been so terrible. Anyway, I like your lesson. You must be a good teacher. ^^
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  kim yeon jung Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you for your comment.
My students also like the scramble word game. It won't take long time but it is fun and I can check the students memorize the word or not through this game. Some students think they memorized the words but sometimes their memory is not perfect. After they experience this game servial times, they try to memorize the word harder.
kim yeon jung
kim yeon jung

Back to top Go down

Post  kim yeon jung Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Thank you for your opinion. Elementary school english curriculum has 4 period in each lesson. My lesson plan is for the last period. Students learned and practiced key expressions through playing some other games before this lesson. So my lesson plan is for reviewing. Anyway I like your comment, task-based activites. I will try it next time after have the students well disciplined. Thank you.
kim yeon jung
kim yeon jung

Back to top Go down

Post  kim yeon jung Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Students like to play a game with their friend. But if they have not good relationship with their members, it is too hard to play a fun game. They just fight one another during the lesson. I still have some difficulty about that. Even though they are good relationship one another, it will be better you supervise them to complete the game. *^^*

Last edited by kim yeon jung on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
kim yeon jung
kim yeon jung

Back to top Go down

Lesson plan for young learner by Kim yeonjung Empty You have good activities.

Post  Soomin Kim Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 am

I think the students will like your plan. You have good activities, and your plan is organized very well. I think bomb game or the other games are good to help to the students understand class well.^^

Soomin Kim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum