Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polly's best method

Go down

Polly's best method Empty Polly's best method

Post  Lee Soonkyung(Polly) Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:01 am

The Nature Approach developed by one of Krashen's colleagues, Tracy Terrell.
I agree with this approach. There are some reasons that I feel this way.
First, the Nature Approach advocated TPR activities at the beginning level of
language learners. When I use the TPR to young learners at the beginning levels they can enjoy and understand naturally what am I teaching. Without moving, they'll feel bored and don't want to concentrate what the teacher's lessons.
Second of all, the Nature Approach was to build the basic personal communicaton skills for everyday language situations ,such as daily conversation, shopping, listening to the radio, watching TV, and so on. Our students need to speak outside the class. But because of the lag of our environment they don't have enough time or chance to speak. So the teachers have to make them some chances using variety of methods.
Third, the Nature Approach was advocacy of a "silent period". As using lots of activities the teacher has to help the students can have be interesting and want to speak, and also reduce their gap from the different timetable of each student's silent period.
So I'm keep trying to find adequate activities and good methods to teach for my students.
That means I like the Nature Approach's advice but the best way to teach the language is to make multiple activities and methods from the all of the teaching methods like CLT, TBLT, Audiolingual, CBI and so on.

Lee Soonkyung(Polly)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum