Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best method of language teaching to use for Ellen

Go down

The best method of language teaching to use for Ellen Empty The best method of language teaching to use for Ellen

Post  Eunkyung Yu Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 pm

The best method of language teaching to use for Ellen

CLT(Communicative Language teaching)

; content-based instruction(CBI)

We learn and use English as a foreign language in Korea, so it is very challenging for students to learn English because we have very few chances to use the language outside the classroom.

Therefore it is very important to provide wide range of language input and expose students to the real contexts. If the language is too far from our experience and knowledge, we might easily forget what we have learnt in the classroom.

CBI which is based on CLT approach focuses on real & rich contexts and emphasizes meaningful learning. It also focuses on all components of communicative components that include grammar, discourse, functional, and strategic component.

I think these characteristics of CBI are perfectly matched with the current Korean EFL environment, so I have always tried to use this method when I teach students and it was satisfactory for both of me and the students.

Eunkyung Yu
Eunkyung Yu

Back to top Go down