Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best method of language teaching-by Eileen

Go down

The best method of language teaching-by Eileen Empty The best method of language teaching-by Eileen

Post  Park Eun hwa Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 pm

CBI(Content-Based Instruction)

I thought it is impossible to find perfect method to teach language.
Because it is considered the age , background of culture, level of learners.
But in my opinion , CBI is more influential to teach students.

Content-Based Instruction is a way to learn language more naturally, and more comfortably like mother tongue using subjects and it can make a learner to acquire high level language.
CBI is an effective method of combining language and content learning.
It often uses authentic tasks centered on authentic materials. Soit can help language minority students increase their motivation, and provide more opportunities for them to explore prior knowledge.

CBI is related to subjects like math, science, art, and music etc which is very interesting to the children. And the theme is very familiar to the kids.
It also makes students to learn language with necessary common knowledge, it is allowed for cognitive developmental stages of children.
It is a kind of tool to study subjects, so it helps proficiency to use language in the using situation not just studying using of language.
In the way to reach the variety subject, students study with a teacher and team mates,
It also has advantages to boost cognitive development and it makes student have logical, critical thinking skill and creative ability. so it goes together.
It presents both of language and contents using subjects, it is necessary situation to speak language, so it is so meaningful conversation activity.

Finally, it promotes to learn language using background knowledge and previous experience which is well known to the kids in mother tongue .

For various reasons, I chose CBI teaching method is the best way to use in my class. The best method of language teaching-by Eileen Icon_cat

Park Eun hwa

Back to top Go down