Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amie's best method

Go down

Amie's best method Empty Amie's best method

Post  kimyoungmi Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 pm

There are a lot of useful methods for teaching English. I am sure that each method can help Ss learn English in effective ways. Even though there are many useful methods, some are good at certain points and others are good at other points. I think Communicative Language Teaching is the best overall way to encourage students to learn.

I like CLT because its purpose is to create meaning for students rather than develop perfect grammar or pronunciation. The most important aspect is on learning to communicate. One important thing is using real texts or real materials. This means the students are learning from materials that a native speaker would use. The teacher can use role plays, games, pair work and surveys to make the class interactive. There is one problem about using CLT in Korea though. In CLT, the teacher has to make activities for the students to do outside of the classroom. The students should interact in English in some way when they are not at school. However, we all know that this is very difficult to do in Korea. Overall, I believe that CLT is the best and most meaningful way to learn.
kimyoungmi
kimyoungmi

Back to top Go down