Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best method of language teaching-Shannon

Go down

The best method of language teaching-Shannon Empty The best method of language teaching-Shannon

Post  Shannon Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 am

I am sure that there are many teaching methods to teach second language for students. I cannot say which method is the best way to teach second language for wide range of students such as different ages, culture and level. A diverse range of teaching methods is used for successful second language learning. Among others I think Communicative Language Teaching could be the best method for teaching second language to students.

In my opinion, my schooldays in Korea already have taken the theory education for second language, but I have realized that I finished the course for only improving my grade. After that, I have had the really hard time to speak second language when I have stayed in oversea. It was the result that because of only Behavioristic method was emphasized to learn second language in schooldays.

I think communication with others using second language is the essential condition in any other countries. Students will not be late to have repetition and drill education after improving the communicative language skill. Now, Korean second language education is changing as I expect. Young children start to educate communicative language skill with meaningful activities. Teacher makes students to be centered in class, and let them speak freely and learn the second language autonomously.

It is important to focus on not only one method to achieve second language. If students are satisfied with their second language skills according to all the good point of methods, it could be the best way to teach students.
Shannon
Shannon

Back to top Go down