Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best teaching method

Go down

The best teaching method Empty The best teaching method

Post  Chris Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:50 pm

After I learned the theories and methods in Ajou tesol, I was very confused about what is the best way to teach English for my students. Because I thought there weren't any underlying theories in my class. Mixing both theories and method and using them properly are too difficult. So I made up my mind about the best method. Of course, It is hard to choose just one effective method for teaching, but concerning that I'm teaching kindergartners, I think the best method among them is TPR. I'm trying to teach with many different methods like CLT and Audiolingual, etc during my class. But I think TPR is best way for kindergartner, especially EFL environment in Korea.
Think about you are in the English class and there is about 20 kindergartner(5~7 years)and you are talking somethings in English about today's objectives. Do you think it is possible for them to keep their concentration during listening? Absolutely not. They hardly concentrate on you and are impatient so that they are starting to move even if there are some warning from you. At this point, TPR shows magic power. Through moving their body, they spent their energy and concentrate on the class. Of course, They learn some useful expression like "sit down", "stand up". It will be perfect, if they could learn some other expressions to communicate using CLT method or somethings, but, for the very young learners, such expressions to communicate is not the first thing they have to learn, I think. Consequently, TPR is the best for kindergatner.
Very Happy
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down