Tesol Method of PE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best teaching method.(by Rachel)

Go down

The best teaching method.(by Rachel) Empty The best teaching method.(by Rachel)

Post  Soomin Kim Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:03 pm

It is not easy to choose the best method to apply for my class. I know there are a lot of good methods in language teaching because language teaching can be varied by learner's age, culture. For example, I think CBI(Content-based Instruction), CLT(The communicative language teaching), TBLT(Task based language teaching), etc.
In my opinion, CLT (The communicative language teaching) is the best way to teach student in my class. I think this method emphasizes fluency and accuracy, and focuses on real-world contexts. I agree that at times fluency may have to take on more importance than accuracy in order to keep learners meaningfully engaged in language use. At other times the students will be encouraged to attend to correctness. Part of feedback on learners' responsibility is to offer appropriate corrective feedback on learners' errors.
Moreover, I think students in a communicative class ultimately have to use the language, productively and receptively, in unrehearsed contexts outside the classroom. Classroom tasks must therefore equip students with the skills necessary for communication in those contexts.
Finally, I think I should be an empathic coach who values the students' linguistic development for teaching based on CLT, and I think students in a CLT class are active participants in their own learning process.

Soomin Kim

Back to top Go down